Advertisements of PhD Studentships
Interested to become a game changer for an intelligent and secure 5G networked society? Excited to become an innovation creator for 6G networking technologies and standards? Thrilled to become a team player in multi-million-pound flagship international collaborative 5G/6G projects?
6 PhD Studentships are offered to motivated and talented UK, European and other overseas candidates by the University of the West of Scotland (UWS), a leading modern university located closely to the largest Scottish city of Glasgow.
Topics for the PhD Programmes
Successful applicants will join the multi-award-winning team of Beyond5GHub (http://beyond5ghub.uws.ac.uk/) at UWS and conduct cutting-edge research and development in one of the following areas:
- Machine Learning Based Self-Protection and/or Self-Healing with Analytics for Cyberattacks in 5G and 6G Networks
- Machine Learning Based Security/Identity Management with Video Applications over UAV (Drone) Platforms
- Machine Learning Based Multi-Spectral Imaging Using Open-UAV (Drone) Platforms for Smart Agriculture and/or Other Use Cases
- Machine Learning Based 5G/6G Network Self-Optimization for Industrial Protocols
- Predictive Machine Maintenance and/or Other Smart Industrial Operations Based on Internet of Things (IoT) Infrastructure Monitoring
- 5G/6G Service-Related and Process-Based Management for Vertical Business Use Cases
- Self-Optimization of 5G and 6G Networks Based on Open-RAN Deployment and Evolution
Profiles of Perspective Candidates
- Good Bachelor degree (UK 2.1 or equivalent) or Master degree in Computer Science or closely related areas (Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Applied Mathematics in Artificial Intelligence and so on).
- Proficiency in software development with experience in programming along the execution of the degree / master or work placements etc. (e.g., Java, Python, and/or C/C++).
- Good knowledge in at least one of the technical areas including networking, AI, cybersecurity, and UAV.
- Good English and multi-cultural communication skills
- Solid teamwork skills, and positive working and collaboration attitude
Funding and Application Notes
Each of the 6 Scholarships includes a three-year stipend at a standard rate (currently £1296 per month) and tuition fees at the UK rate. Any successful EU candidates must be able to register with their corresponding PhD programme by 30 June 2021 to be eligible for the tuition fees at the UK rate. Any overseas applicants are kindly requested to clarify their financial arrangement to cover the difference between UK and overseas fees.
Please follow the instructions and apply online at https://www.uws.ac.uk/study/research-degrees/admissions-application/postgraduate-research-application-guide/. Please suggest the preferred PhD programme topic in the application. Applications must include a research proposal, up-to-date CV, master’s/bachelor’s degree certificates and transcripts, and a copy of passport. Two references are required.
Application deadline for consideration of Studentships: 30 April 2021.