About this project
The £21-million Digital Diary Value-Chain for south-west Scotland and Cumbria (DDVC) project will develop a world-class research, innovation and business platform to establish South-West Scotland and Cumbria as the leading region for advanced, sustainable and high-value dairy processing. It aims to create more than 600 new jobs and add £60 million to the annual output of the local economy, and lead to wider societal, and environmental benefits.
- Digital connectivity for a digitally-connected milk processing sector with commercial-scale demonstrators (e.g., smart factory; connected supply chain).
- R&D and Innovation in dairy-processing using enabling technologies.
- Business growth.
- Talent and skills.
The Beyond 5G Hub team contributes to this project as a technical solution provider, focusing on leading innovations for Smart Factory use cases to improve the operation of the production line of dairy industries, by leveraging IoT, AI/ML and other technologies.
List of participants
- University of Strathclyde
- University of the West of Scotland (UWS)
- University of Glasgow (CENSIS)
- AFIMILK UK LIMITED
- BRITISH TELECOMMUNICATIONS PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
- ARLA FOODS LIMITED
- FIRST MILK LIMITED
- LACTALIS MCLELLAND LIMITED
- NOVOSOUND LTD
- L C LONGTOWN LTD (Lely UK)
- SERIC SYSTEMS LIMITED
- DALE FARM LIMITED
- Askham Bryan College (Newton Rigg College)
- BOSTON NETWORKS LTD.