- Provide true demonstration of network slicing technologies to protect network (5G and beyond, IoT etc.) infrastructures against cyber-attacks to enhance the safety of citizens.
- Significantly reducing both operating and capital expenditures using a solution based on programmable data paths.
- Development of both software and hardware based approaches for data path network slicing.
- Applicable to a wide range of 5G and beyond applications with diverging QoS requirements such as eMBB (enhanced Mobile Broadband), URLLC (Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications) and mMTC (massive Machine Type Communications).
- Guaranteed and differentiated QoS performance in terms of delay/latency and bandwidth.
- R. Ricart-Sanchez, P. Malagon, A. Matencio-Escolar, J. M. Alcaraz Calero, and Q. Wang, “Towards Hardware-Accelerated QoS-aware 5G Network Slicing Based on Data Plane Programmability”, (Wiley) Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, accepted (in press), 2019. (doi: 10.1002/ett.3726)
- R. Ricart-Sanchez, P. Malagon, P. Salva-Garcia, E. Chirivella Perez, Q. Wang, and J. M. Alcaraz Calero, “Towards an FPGA-Accelerated Programmable Data Path for Edge-to-Core Communications in 5G Networks”, (Elsevier) Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol. 124, Dec 2018. (doi: 10.1016/j.jnca.2018.09.012)(Free Full Text Downloading)
- Q. Wang, J. M. Alcaraz Calero, R. Ricart-Sanchez, M. Barros Weiss, A. Gavras, N. Nikaein and et al., “Enable Advanced QoS-Aware Network Slicing in 5G Networks for Slice-Based Media Use Cases”, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, Vol. 65, No. 2, June 2019. (doi: 10.1109/TBC.2019.2901402)(Free Full Text Downloading)